Networker

[Networker] nsrarchive annotations question

2007-06-13 16:41:25
Subject: [Networker] nsrarchive annotations question
From: John Stoffel <john.stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:34:10 -0400
Does anyone use the nsrarchive tool from with a script with multiline
Annotations?  Using the '-T' switch?

Basically, we're writing a wrapper around nsrarchive to gather some
required information, and to force certain pools and to turn on
Verification, etc.  We're running 7.2.2+Jumbo on Solaris 5.10 with
pretty recent patch bundles for both installed.

All good stuff.  So I did a quick ugly test using nwarchive to see how
it's done, putting in an annotation of:

     Line1
     Line2
     Line3

but I didn't get anything useful, here's what ps -ef showed me on a
Solaris box:

   nsrarchive -s server -L -i -f - -T Line1Line2Line3 ...

Which doesn't look right to me, but maybe I need to let it complete
and then pull up the archive using nwretrieve as a test...

I guess I could just wrap the entire call to nsrarchive in an expect
script which puts in the proper annotation for me by hand and
furnished the C-d as needed...

Usually the man pages for Networker are excellent and let you work
around all this stuff, but in this case I'm a bit let down.

Thanks,
John
    John Stoffel - Senior Staff Systems Administrator - System LSI Group
  Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. - http://www.toshiba.com/taec
             john.stoffel AT taec.toshiba DOT com - 508-486-1087