Networker

Re: [Networker] clients and NAT

2007-06-12 08:38:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] clients and NAT
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:24:17 -0400
7.x has much stricter client requirements than 6.x did. Essentially, every
interface on a client system must be defined to NetWorker as an alias.

I think you may be confusing the Remote Access and Alias fields. Remote
Access had to do with restores; it defines which other systems are allowed
to restore data from a client. Try adding clove_alt.its as an Alias in the
client definition.

If there are any additional interfaces, they too much be defined as Aliases,
even if they're not used for your backups.

If that doesn't work, be sure DNS resolves forward and reverse for the
server from the client and for the client from the server. You may have to
add the IP addresses to the hosts file.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.