Networker

Re: [Networker] Centera Backup & Recovery Module Performance

2007-06-11 11:43:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Centera Backup & Recovery Module Performance
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:38:54 +0100
Sems like a pretty limited set of options given by EMC, that surprises
me a bit since there must be some other options.

Now, I don't know about CBRM module (I suspect it is a bit like NDMP is
to Networker?). Options you may have are
Split up the task in some way - can it be divided into volumes?
Once you have discovered the method to split it up you can start to
think about different options
For instance, is it possible to have more than one CBRM session running
at one time? (I understand that a single CBRM session can only supply
one savestream - in that respect it is similar to NDMP - but you can
have multiple NDMP sessions running in parallel)
Or, maybe, run a full on one volume one week and another the following
week with incremental/differential in between.

There may be several ways to achieve your desired backup rate. Maybe
backing up over the network may be an option? (once again, doesn't have
to be all of it in one go)

Without knowing much about the way you are using your equipment I can
only offer vague pointers, but, hopefully, they give you some hope that
there may be another way...

Regards
Bob

Bob Wood
Senior Technical Analyst

ITC - EMEAE London eHub
Chevron Limited
1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf
London, E14 4HA
Tel +44(0)20 7719 3885
Fax +44(0)20 7719 5101
woodr AT chevron DOT com

Chevron Limited. Registered in England and Wales (145197). Registered
office 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London, England, E14 4HA