Networker

[Networker] NSRADMIN_Help Needed

2007-06-07 09:16:57
Subject: [Networker] NSRADMIN_Help Needed
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:12:43 -0400
Hello,
I have been strugling to get relavent information out of nsradin to
acomplish two task.
1. I would like to get autumated email sent out to operations staff and
myself when a drive goes into service mode.
I designed a process that gets me some usefull info if i use it manually,
but if i use the nsradmin cmd via input file the output is quite different
for the same cmd, can someone debug why this is hapening.
i.e
Below is my bat file.
D:
cd D:\nsr\bin\
nsradmin -i D:\Scripts\TAPEW\LegatoDevices.txt
>>D:\Scripts\TAPEW\LegatoDevices_In_ServiceModeout.txt
___
This bat file takes input from
show type :nsr device
show enabled;name;CDI;status
print nsr device
+++++++
However the output differ when i type in nsradmin cmd line vs suppying it
via input file
I have very similar process that works the same way for groups running (
after hrs-during day) i want to know why a group is still running during
day time, as due to some poor throughput\issues with clients not running
with their full potential, it could clash with next run time of the same
group.
Sure i can look at NMC but i sometime dont have time to look at it every
day and if there were issues i would like to be emailed right away.
If you have other usefull processes to help networker admin and tips on
nsradmin usage that would be well appriciated.
Thanks