Networker

Re: [Networker] starting rman backup after 30min-channel allocating with NMO

2007-06-06 17:16:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] starting rman backup after 30min-channel allocating with NMO
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:36:53 -0400
Are the nsrexecd processes running on the oracle server? You need both the
Networker client and the Networker Module for Oracle otherwise after starting
the backup it will try to do various things including eventually using RSH to
start the backup which may be the delay.

If you have nsrexecd processes running check to see if the /nsr/res/servers
specifify your legato server. Make sure that on the Legato Server and client
they can resolve names both forward and backward.