Networker

Re: [Networker] Very slow inquire command (fwd)

2007-05-30 11:40:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Very slow inquire command (fwd)
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:37:16 +0100
Librado Pamintuan wrote:
I think this is a compatibility issue with RedHat ES 4 and Networker. I am
having the same issues.
I was on RedHat ES 3 update 5 before, same Networker version - v.7.2.2 (jumbo patch) and same hardware.
Dell PowerEdge 2850 with LSI Logic HBA to an ADIC Scalar 100 with 2 IBM LTO-2
tape drives.
When I was on this kernel, you can get the response immediately after you hit the 'Enter' key when you use inquire and nsrjb commands, but right after I upgraded to RedHat ES 4 update 4, everything went too slow even using the GUI. Just inventory 1 to 36 slots using the GUI takes at least an hour this time. To use Inquire and nsrjb command, you can go get coffee and be back before you can get the output. I already tried to resolve this with Dell, Legato, RedHat and LSI Logic Tech. supports, but got nothing.
This is an issue with the st driver in the 2.6 kernel. The solution is in the archives, search for a thread entitled "Networker 7.2.2 on SLES9" and the postings from Dag Nygren who was spot on with his advice.