Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO-4

2007-05-22 21:15:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO-4
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:12:19 -0400
On May 22, 2007, at 8:42 PM, Matthew Huff wrote:

Since the LTO-4 wave is starting (I've gotten two calls from vendors
this week), anyone heard any news about Legato support for it? Also,
anyone know what type of box would be needed to drive it? I'm thinking
about a Sun X4100M2 with two dual-core processors, 4GB ram, and 2 x 4GB Fibre Channel cards (one connected to each tape drive) for each storage
node. Anyone?

I am attending EMC World this week in Orlando. As it happens, there's a NetWorker Birds of a Feather session tomorrow afternoon. I just made a note to myself to remind me to ask the product manager about LTO-4 support. I also just checked on the NetWorker 7.3.2 server that I set up on my laptop to play around with and it does not show LTO-4 in the list of supported devices, but LTO-3 is probably fine, as Darren Dunham suggested.

I will post a follow-up to this message tomorrow.