Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.3 and older clients

2007-05-13 19:37:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.3 and older clients
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:35:17 +1000
I replied, but didn't get through.

The 6.0.1D OpenVMs client is supported with 7.3, but not the Storage Node.
According to the latest EMC product map for NetWorker, OpenVMS 7.3.2 is due
very soon.

Log the call with EMC, and give your EMC rep/reseller a hard time.

To get your client working, it is probably authorisation. Try setting the
auth method to oldauth. BTW, I have a VMS box running as a client and it
works fine.

Siobhan Ellis
IDATA Integrity Pty Ltd
Sydney

(used to be the NetWorker OpenVMS product manager, and an ex digital
employee)

Siobhán