Networker

[Networker] Still can't create unique save set names with RMAN

2007-05-07 18:03:12
Subject: [Networker] Still can't create unique save set names with RMAN
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:52:18 -0400
For whatever weird reasons, the list server is not letting me reply to Davina's reply. It bounces back, so I'm
forced to send this as a new subject.

OK,

We tried Davina's exact script, and NW still uses the rman script name for the save set names. The format command is simply not taking effect.
What are we missing! Is this not supported under NW 7.2.2?

Out of curiosity, in the script where you have "set command id to 'something.offline';" what is this accomplishing? Where do you reference this command? Is this a variable?

Are we not supposed to list the pathname to the rman script as the save set name under the NSR client resource? This is the way were told to do it. Is there some other way to tell NetWorker to run the given rman script? We also have the nsrnmo script listed for the Backup command field. This, however, doesn't appear to offer
any control over the save set names.

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210