Networker

Re: [Networker] licensing requirements for backup of vmware clients

2007-04-28 01:10:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] licensing requirements for backup of vmware clients
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 01:09:39 -0400
I'm glad I ran into this, even if it is a two-month-old posting.

I was going to write something for in my blog about vmware backup
licensing.  Looks like NetBackup is at the head of the pack here, as
they require only one license per client TYPE when backing up vmware
clients. (As opposed to what is being described here.)  Now I just have
to find out how TSM & CommVault do it.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS
VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies