Networker

[Networker] Jukebox tape loading problem

2007-04-26 12:17:52
Subject: [Networker] Jukebox tape loading problem
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:17:12 -0600
Good morning to all,

Need some help regarding this issue.

I am currently having a major issue/problem with our jukebox, somehow it's not
automatically ejecting and mounting tapes. I am working on a huge file restore
and requires 5 volumes, when Networker is done reading the first volume, it
will not eject the mounted volume and load the next one. Here is the error
message I am getting from the daemon.log:

04/24/07 10:25:45 nsrd: media waiting event: waiting for LTO Ultrium-2 tape
N10142 on linux2.regina
04/24/07 10:27:49 nsrd: Jukebox 'ADIC100' failed: All allocated drives are not
usable, unrecoverable operation errors.

I already have an open incident with Legato Tech. support regarding this, but
as always, getting nowhere near a resolution.

Environment:
Red Hat Linux 4 on PowerEdge server
ADIC Scalar 100 with 2 LTO-2 tape drives.
Networker v7.2.2 (jumbo patch)

thanks in advance,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Div.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.