Networker

[Networker] NDMP or non-NDMP device?

2007-04-26 10:14:55
Subject: [Networker] NDMP or non-NDMP device?
From: Desperate <cruzelis AT TISCALI DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:11:55 -0400
Scenario:
-Networker Server 7.1.3 for Solaris 9
-ADIC scalar 100 with 4 drives LTOII connectd via SCSI to NW Server
-SnapImage 1.6.1 as a Tape Server installed in same box of NW server
-A Files NetApp reachable via LAN - no tape drives connected.
-Ndmp client commection tier 2 installed and authorized

I want to backup the filer to the NW server with NDMP
Looks like a "Remote NDMP" backup scenario, isn't it?

Data should be sent via LAN from the filer to the tape Server (SnapImage)
and then backed up to networker server's drives.
I passed thru the documentation several times but I still haven't
undesrstand if in such configuration my drives can be normal drives or must
be set as NDMP drives.
In fact I haven't been able to complete any backup.
I received the error: "no matching devices, pools storage nodes" when drives
were normal (no NDMP)

Any idea?
Thanks in advance

A desperate NDMP newbie