Networker

[Networker] Point In Time Recover with BCV using Legato 7.3.2

2007-04-26 08:38:40
Subject: [Networker] Point In Time Recover with BCV using Legato 7.3.2
From: Diwakar Kumar <Diwakar.Kumar AT ITS DOT WS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:36:04 +0300
Dear All,

I need you guy's suggestion and help.

I am finding the way to point in time recovery oracle data using Legato
7.3.2. We have two set of BCV of production system. As we know that BCV will
synch with production on time interval. We can't keep always sync. Even if
we synch always any data corruption happen then it will get copied to BCV
also. My concern is supposed if BCV was sync at 3:00AM every day and
disaster happen at 4 AM. How to avoid to loose 1 hour data? Is there any way
to do with RMAN? Please help me. We are using VCS 5.0 where we can't use
snapshot which is not supported with 7.3.2. Please advise me.

Thanks & Regards,

Diwakar Kumar

"A vision without a task is a dream; A task without a vision is drudgery;
But a vision, with a task, is the hope of the world."