Networker

[Networker] Linux storage node problem

2007-04-26 08:04:48
Subject: [Networker] Linux storage node problem
From: Christian Jurecka <jur AT ADV.MAGWIEN.GV DOT AT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:54:17 -0400
Hi everybody,

we see a strange behavior of our Linux (Redhat 3.0) storage nodes when
using a bad tape - nsrmmd starts to hang and we have to reboot the linux
server to use the drive again. Kill -9 and/or a hardware reset won´t work.

We use the scsidev-utility for our storage nodes, not the /dev/nst?-
devices. Could this be the reason? Does anybody know this behavior?

Networker Server is W2K3 Server, networker version is 7.3.2 jumbo patch.

Thanks,
Christian