Networker

Re: [Networker] Index failing

2007-04-25 10:32:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index failing
From: John Stoffel <john.stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:29:36 -0400
Varad> I have a situation where everytime the index fails, I had to
Varad> reboot the server. Is there a way to resolve the index failing
Varad> without rebooting the server?

It's not clear to me what you mean by "the index fails".  Does it fail
to backup?  Does it fail to even find the client?  Can you post some
log messages?  A good thing to do would be:

    savegrp -v -l full <group> -c <client>

Then post the output.  Obviously, you can also change the level to be
Incr instead, so that you don't impact things too badly, or use too
much tape.

Basically, we need more details before we can help.  What OS is the
server, what OS is the client, what type of tape hardware do you use,
how is the system configured, what is the network like, etc.

John