Networker

Re: [Networker] Index

2007-04-23 19:28:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index
From: "Green, Lisa" <Lisa.Green AT CLARK.WA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:26:42 -0700
We have done both, have all the client indexes go to a separate pool /
tape and also had them go to the same pool / tape as the backup job.
Both worked fine but with all the indexes to a separate pool, it was
harder to expire the tapes.  Of course if you don't have different
browse and retention times, that doesn't matter but we started to build
up a lot of index tapes.  With the client and index on the same tape I
am able to script the expiration of tapes as I need them.

Lisa Green, MCSE
Sr. Windows System Administrator
Clark County
Vancouver, WA