Networker

Re: [Networker] backup of adaptec snap server as networker client

2007-04-18 05:22:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup of adaptec snap server as networker client
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:20:33 +0300
Check 'rpcinfo -p adaptec' from some Unix host. The output should have the following line:

    390113    1   tcp   7937  nsrexec

The critical thing is to have the 390113 program registered (the 7937 might be another TCP port and the nsrexec might be missing, depends on your installation).

I would also check that the Adaptec is not running some iptables or another packet filter. If it does, you will need to consult the firewall support appendix in the Networker's Admin guide.

mark wragge wrote:
The snap device does not use NDMP. It uses the Linux client software as though
it was a standard linux client - apart that the root@hostname must be entered
in the SetUpServer Administrator Field.
I can ping the IP address, hostname and DNS name of the networker server from the adaptec server and vice versa from the networker server. When i do a ps -ef | grep nsr on the Adaptec snap server the networker services are running. When i run from command line savegrp -nvp groupname i receive a probe unsuccessful error. I will try the save command from the adaptec server. Thansk

--

-- Yaron.