Networker

Re: [Networker] Barcode volume mismatch

2007-04-17 08:47:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Barcode volume mismatch
From: Hans de Vries <hans.de-vries AT BULL DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:45:50 -0400
Hello,

If have seen the same problem on one of my sites. I could trace the problem
back to April 10th. At that day 8 tapes were removed from the library and 8
tapes with expired data were put back into the library. Inventory has been
done, even three times. After the labeling of the 8 tapes, which took place
during the 20 hours after the inventory, tapes were labeled with a mismatch
between volume and barcode. The tapes got the correct volume names, but the
barcodes are from the tapes that were in the same slots the day before.
It hard to tell why this happened. The days after we have not seen the
problem again.