Networker

Re: [Networker] Impossible to get backups working on Solaris 10 on SPARC

2007-04-16 09:58:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Impossible to get backups working on Solaris 10 on SPARC
From: Adrian Saul <asaul AT HOME-BOX.ODS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:52:26 +1000
Is rpcbind running on the client, and are there any firewalls between the server and the SPARC box?

Manel Rodero wrote:
Hello,

Recently we've installed a new client with Solaris 10 on SPARC. After installing our actual client version (7.1.2) we can't get the backups work. We always get the following errors:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* solaris10sparc:/ 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/ lost connection to server, exiting
* solaris10sparc:/datas 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/datas lost connection to server, exiting
* solaris10sparc:/home 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/home lost connection to server, exiting
* solaris10sparc:/home2 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/home2 lost connection to server, exiting
* solaris10sparc:/usr 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/usr lost connection to server, exiting
* solaris10sparc:/var 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/var lost connection to server, exiting
* solaris10sparc:/data 3 retries attempted
* solaris10sparc:/data save: RPC warning: RPC cannot make a procedure call: Create failed: Port mapper failure - Timed out
* solaris10sparc:/data
* solaris10sparc:/data save: Cannot open save session with legatoserver

Any idea about what's happening? We have tested a lot of things. We've upgraded the client with the latest patches, but nothing solves the problem.

We don't have any problems in other Solaris versions nor in a Solaris 10 on x86.

Our server is 7.1.2 on Windows 2000.

Thank you very much.