Networker

Re: [Networker] Barcode volume mismatch

2007-04-11 14:39:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Barcode volume mismatch
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:37:34 -0700
> Auto Media Management is turned on.  Barcode is turned on and Backups run
> fine but now I noticed that under Devices -> Library --- Volume label and
> Barcode label has a mismatch. Tapes in the Slot do not have the same volume
> label for the barcode label. Both are not the same.

How were the tapes labeled?  Manually or automatically?

Do you have "match label to barcode" set on the robot config?

> Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this problem? Is it a GUI refresh issue?

Ask the DB directly.  Pick a tape and do this:

mminfo -q 'volume=<volumename>' -r 'volume,barcode'

That will display what barcode the database has for the tape.  You can
request that a slot be mounted and check the label on the tape:

'nsrjb -p -S <slotX>'.  It will report the label on the tape.  If the
label on the tape doesn't match the barcode, then I assume something bad
happened during the label step.   (bad barcode reader, swapped drives in
the robot config, tape label override...)

Does this happen with newly labeled tapes?