Networker

[Networker] Sun EBS/Networker 7.x - patch updates??

2007-04-05 00:23:25
Subject: [Networker] Sun EBS/Networker 7.x - patch updates??
From: T S Kimball <t.s.kimball AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 00:18:58 -0400
Morning,

As a Sun EBS user, I'm looking at getting a recent copy of the 7.3
client for general experimentation with NMC (reports only), like many
others here.

However, the latest patches for *any* of the Sun EBS products is
nearly nine months ago.  That means the only version of Sun 7.3
available is the original 7.3.1 - which from earlier discussion on
this list, I'm not interested in testing...  My other concern is that
we're looking more toward Solaris 10 on our clients, and having some
measure of proper support for it will become more important.  That
(preferably) means access to the latest 7.3.2 Jumbo.

Has anyone else heard from Sun regarding when they will be updating
their patches, or are they now recommending we use EMC's
packages/hotfixes directly?  That would be a bit of a letdown, since
I've been happy with Sun 'Gold' level access to their EBS support
(plus Sun is tracking the license sitrep instead of EMC, so I'm not
having the Powerlink issues reported by others recently - had fun
getting AlphaStor added to their DST doc though).

I do have access to EMC's downloads, due to an AlphaStor contract.
But we're paying Sun for the Networker support, not EMC, and I need to
know ASAP if that will need to change.

Thanks all,
--TSK

PS - I'm also persuing this with Sun, but wondering who else is in
this same boat...