Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance of NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?

2007-04-04 20:58:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance of NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:47:36 +1000
Solaris 8 is too old - sun are ramping down support for it even now. If
you're conservative Soalris 9 is no real difference to Sol8 as far as
devices and networker are concerned.

Sol10 is the one with a significant re-write of networking, and is
clearly faster that Sol9 when it comes to gig networks etc, and if you
want to get the most out of your 440 I'd recommend it, but there is a
bit of learning for you with regards to device support, start/stop
scripts, and patching. Sol10 is much easier to install if you have HBAs
to configure as the SAN stuff is all built in, but that doesn't sound
like it's relevant to you.