Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance of NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?

2007-04-04 15:44:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance of NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?
From: backup <backup AT zweistra DOT nl>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 21:25:48 +0200
We are currently running Sol 10  with networker 7.2.2 (with /without JUMBO
patch) on multiple V440 with Gbit nics on multiple subnets.

Basically we have no performance issues currently.

We made sure our HBA fibre cards are in the fastest pci slots (fastes bus
speed)
Our network NICs are on 1 Gbig
Our clients are balanced over multiple groups so over the week the same
timeframe is achieved.
--
biggest issue now is our server managers keep changing server configs
without telling us so keep an eye out for speeds that jump up and down from
10 Kb/s to max Mb/s  usually the have loadbalancing networkcards teamed or
not on xxx Mb/Full Duplex.
--
Where the remark sol10 needs networker 7.3, comes from we don't know we are
currently fine with sol10 networker 7.2.2 and 1500 clients in 3000 client