Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance of NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?

2007-04-04 15:27:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance of NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?
From: Jeff Mery <jeff.mery AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:22:15 -0500
Sorry, my mistake - 7.2.x is supported on Solaris 10, but doesn't support
ZFS.  7.3.(2?) is the first to support ZFS.  We've been jonesing for ZFS,
but can't use it until we upgrade Networker.  I linked Solaris 10 to 7.3.x
for that reason....maybe I need a day off  =).

Jeff Mery - MCSE, MCP
National Instruments

"Allow me to extol the virtues of the Net Fairy, and of all the fantastic
dorks that make the nice packets go from here to there. Amen."
TB - Penny Arcade

Rick Pim <rick AT post.queensu DOT ca>
04/04/2007 01:33 PM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>, Jeff Mery
<jeff.mery AT NI DOT COM>
cc

Subject

Jeff Mery writes:
 > We're running Solaris 9 on V480 (storage node), V440 (server & storage
 > node), and V445 (storage node) with v7.14 of Networker and they scoot
 > along pretty good.  We're really looking forward to Solaris 10 though.
The
 > networking stack was completely rewritten and should be *much* better.
 > Unfortunately, the Solaris 10 upgrade requires Networker 7.3.x which
we're
 > not quite ready for just yet.

we're starting to work to an upgrade of our ancient networker server.
i had planned on going to 7.2.x on a 490 with solaris 10. does the
7.2.x stream not work on solaris 10?

rp

rick pim                                           rick AT post.queensu DOT ca
information technology services                          (613) 533-2242
queen's university, kingston
"Logic is a tweeting bird, chirping in your ear.
Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell _bad_."