Networker

[Networker] NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?

2007-04-04 15:27:10
Subject: [Networker] NW 7.2.x on Solaris 8 or 9 or 10?
From: Attila Mester <Attila.Mester AT SUN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 21:21:31 +0200
Hi folks,
from the EMC OSG Software Compatibility guide:

starting with Rel. 7.2.2 NetWorker for UNIX is supported on Solaris 7,8,9,10, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

regards  -attila

Attila Mester                           5 Digit Sun internal: x62534
Data Protection Architect                  Tel: (+49 89) 46 008 2534
Sun Microsystems GmbH                      Fax: (+49 89) 46 008 2583
Sonnenallee 1                                Mobil: +49 172 812 5947
85551 Heimstetten / Germany              mail: attila.mester AT sun DOT com

Rick Pim wrote:
Jeff Mery writes:
> We're running Solaris 9 on V480 (storage node), V440 (server & storage > node), and V445 (storage node) with v7.14 of Networker and they scoot > along pretty good. We're really looking forward to Solaris 10 though. The > networking stack was completely rewritten and should be *much* better. > Unfortunately, the Solaris 10 upgrade requires Networker 7.3.x which we're > not quite ready for just yet.

we're starting to work to an upgrade of our ancient networker server.
i had planned on going to 7.2.x on a 490 with solaris 10. does the
7.2.x stream not work on solaris 10?

rp

rick pim                                           rick AT post.queensu DOT ca
information technology services                          (613) 533-2242
"Logic is a tweeting bird, chirping in your ear.
Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell _bad_."