Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating savesets from VTL to tape - making virtual tapes recyclable?

2007-04-04 14:12:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating savesets from VTL to tape - making virtual tapes recyclable?
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:05:23 -0400
A future version of NW is supposed to enable different browse and
retention periods for each version of a clone (I assume this is the
staging mechanism)

currently, without this functionality, the only way is manual recycling
(read: relabel the VTL tapes) if you don't want to wait around until the
(shared) retention is reached

this is what I do in our production environment to free up VTL space

HTH
Jerry