Networker

[Networker] any known issues using Inquire with raid controllers in proliant servers

2007-04-04 12:50:25
Subject: [Networker] any known issues using Inquire with raid controllers in proliant servers
From: omanz AT ROCKWELLCOLLINS DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:02:19 +0200
Mark,

at our site we have only ProLiant servers in place and we have never
experienced any issues with Legato in the combination with ProLiant
servers.  Which modell/type of controllers are you talking about? How does
the issue look like?

I do not think that your problem is caused by some of incompatibility. You
may check this out in emc's E-Lab Interoperability Navigator:
https://elabnavigator.emc.com/

Thanks,

Oli

mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
Gesendet von: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04.04.2007 13:03
Bitte antworten an
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Bitte
antworten
an
mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>

An
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
[Networker] any known issues using Inquire with raid controllers in
proliant servers

I have an issue using the inquire command and cannot configure the library
using jbconfig or networkers automatic device scan. I suspect that the
problem is being caused by the raid controller the inquire command fails
on all 13 of my servers. I have one server with a different raid
controller and apart from this everything is identical - the inquire
command works on this.

  Is it possible that the inquire command is bombing out because of the
Raid controller and there is some sort of incompatibility.

  Thanks, Mark

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

type