Networker

Re: [Networker] : [Networker] any known issues using Inquire with raid controllers in proliant servers

2007-04-04 12:48:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] : [Networker] any known issues using Inquire with raid controllers in proliant servers
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:42:12 +0100
The word genius comes to mind.

  I have fixed the problem after 2 days of troubleshooting and relaying
information to EMC support.

  It seems like the kind of problem that EMC support should have been able to
help me fix especially as the limitation lies with the inquire command.

Ben Deng <BD AT DBC DOT DK> wrote:
  I've similar problem with jbconfig sometimes ago and I found out that if the
SCSI device number allocated for the Library is over 12 e.g. in Windows 2003
[email protected], then jbconfig will no scan after them. I got the problem
because I've 4 Qlogic FC HBAs, 1 RAID-controller and 2 Library SCSI-controllers
in my backup system. When Windows 2003 starts up and allocated the SCSI device
number according the device tag value in each device. After I've switch the tag
number for my Qlogic FC HBA and the SCSI-controllers, the device number i now
below 12 and I can use jbconfig to configure my libraries.

The device tag number for my Qlogic FC HBAs and SCSI-controlleres is located in
Windows 2003 registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ql2300]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\symmpi]

Regards,

Ben Deng