Networker

Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] wintel client and version identification

2007-04-04 10:49:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] wintel client and version identification
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:44:27 -0400
On Apr 4, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Howard Martin wrote:

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:56:03 -0400, Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:

On Apr 4, 2007, at 9:52 AM, Howard Martin wrote:

Sorry, this doesn't work for all my clients, and doesn't work for the
modules either.

Probably the most reliable way to ascertain what version is installed
on any platform is to log onto the machine in question and look and
see what's installed there.

ok fine, but I'm a unix man and dont know how to check the client or
various (oracle, sap, exchange and SQL) modules on a wintel box.
Could you elucidate?

Its not hard at all. Just go to the Control panel and double-click the Add/Remove programs and just scroll through to you see the software you're interested in and click on it. You're looking for "NetWorker" so just click on that item, then you will see a link that says something like "click here for support information" and when you click on that link, the resulting window will contain the version number. This should work on most versions of Windows, if not all.