Networker

[Networker] Archiving

2007-04-03 05:30:51
Subject: [Networker] Archiving
From: Joe Lyons <joe.lyons AT ELINIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 05:27:10 -0400
Hi,

I am trying to implement a simple monthly archive plan for my networker
instance (7.3.2 on linux RH ES3). I am finding this a bit more troublesome
than expected.  I know there are some specific 'Archive Modules' that you
can license seperately within networker, however for what I need to do I
am not sure this is necessary.

Within our Netbackup environment all I do is set up an archive pool which
is part of the archive policy which is set to run on the first saturday of
every month.  Our normal daily policy is set not to run on these dates.  I
then take these Archive tapes off-site and keep them for a year.

When I come to do this in networker there doesnt seem a way of
automatically stopping my normal backups from running on the first
saturday of the month and only running the Archive policy on that day.  To
me it sounds like it should be a simple enough task and its probably my
inexperience of networker thats stopping me seeing the blidingly obvious !