Networker

[Networker] Using Logical libraries and DDS

2007-04-02 17:29:25
Subject: [Networker] Using Logical libraries and DDS
From: Lancy Quadros <Lancy.Quadros AT ROTARY DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:18:32 -0500
Hello Networkers,

I am buying a new library for one of our remote offices. I am thinking
of getting a Dell PowerVault TL4000 library with 2 LTO-3 drives. The
manual talks about a feature that will let us partition the library into
2 or more logical libraries. If I take advantage of this feature by
splitting the library into 2 logical libraries containing one drive and
20 slots each, do I need a DDS license to make it work with Networker?

The reason I want to partition the library is because the second logical
partition will be used by another Backup System ( could be CommVault or
NetBackup) through another server.

I would really appreciate any comments/suggestions/experiences with this
scenario.

Thanks you all in advance,

Lancy