Networker

[Networker] Regarding Legato Networker with CDL DL 700 and ADICi500

2007-03-29 18:52:43
Subject: [Networker] Regarding Legato Networker with CDL DL 700 and ADICi500
From: Diwakar Kumar <Diwakar.Kumar AT ITS DOT WS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:44:42 +0300
Dear All,

Somebody can help me on legato networker implementation. I will be always
grateful

This is my configuration details:

1)       I have one Solaris Server and 7 Client. ( Server is also a client,
All client act as storage node)

2)       I have CDL (DL700) and ADIC Tape Library i500-00197

3)       ADIC has two drives with 122 slot

4)       I have 1 partition with 1 drive on ADIC.

5)       I have Networker Stroage node license on CDL

6)       So, I have assigned a ADIC Tape Library to Networker Storage Node
and one Tape drive.

7)       I have created SAN client for all client ( 7 Client) on CDl and
assigned a Virtual Drive to each client.

8)       I have created a 7 client n associated group on Server.

9)       Since I have Server is also client so I have assigned one Virtual
Drive to server also.

10)   I can see on NMC that server can see my ADIC library with 120 slot.

11)   Means Server can see ADIC under Library as well 1 drive which I
assigned on CDL as SAN Client.

But when I run inquire command on server side it shows :

[email protected]:FUJITSU MAW3147FCSUN146G1203|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2
S/N: 000608C06W66 DGC0P6206W66
WWNN=500000E011C5B050
[email protected]:FUJITSU MAW3147FCSUN146G1203|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2
S/N: 000609C06YY7 DGC0P6206YY7
WWNN=500000E011C69BD0
[email protected]:IBM ULTRIUM-TD3 64D0|Tape, /dev/rmt/1cbn
S/N: 1210150862
ATNN=IBM ULTRIUM-TD3 12101508 ( This is Vritual Drive which I assigned on
CDl as server as Client)
62
WWNN=500308C09925A09C
WWPN=500308C09925A09D
PORT=00000001

I can't see that Juke Box configuration like this:

[email protected]:HL-DT-STCDRW/DVD GCC4244B101|CD-ROM
[email protected]:ADIC Scalar i2000 402A|Autochanger (Jukebox), \\.\Changer0
S/N: ADIC203101904_LL0
ATNN=ADIC 203101904_LL0

When I ran JBCONFIG: this is the output I get:

root@osr # jbconfig

Jbconfig is running on host namibia (SunOS 5.10),
and is using namibia as the NetWorker server.

1) Configure an AlphaStor Library.
2) Configure an Autodetected SCSI Jukebox.
3) Configure an Autodetected NDMP SCSI Jukebox.
4) Configure an SJI Jukebox.
5) Configure an STL Silo.

What kind of Jukebox are you configuring? [1] 2
Scanning SCSI buses; this may take a while ...

There appear to be no SCSI jukeboxes connected to this system.
This could mean the SCSI jukebox(es) are not connected to the system,
cannot be seen (pending a reboot) or have already been configured.

Please rerun the program after making the necessary changes.
root@osr #

Now, I am surprised that I can do normal backup n recover operation
smoothly. I am not able to do cloning operation from NetWorker side. I can
do export/import command on CDL. When I start volume cloning/savset cloning.
Its keep waiting for 1 writable volume:

Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'Default Pool' tapes(s) on
abcd(Client Name)"

I have enabled Auto Media Management. Sever should auto labeled n continue
cloning. But it keeps waiting. It will keep waiting even I label n mount
manually.

 Please guide me how to get clone operation done. Or how to best way
configure CDL with ADIC n Netwroker.

This is two errors only I can see but could not able to resolve.

If somebody could please provide me the steps that will great help from you.
I wasted so much time in searching through powerlink but could not get
relevant material:-(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Diwakar