Networker

[Networker] Notes Module 2.2.1 Problem

2007-03-29 09:32:41
Subject: [Networker] Notes Module 2.2.1 Problem
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:29:34 +0200
Hello,

In our environment (Legato Server 7.1.4 Build 577 under Windows 2000) we have two identical Notes/Domino servers (Legato Client 7.1.4 Build 577 + Notes Module 2.2.1).

Some days ago, we have started to see that the NOTES: backup of one of the two Domino servers has a problem:

* notes2:NOTES: 3 retries attempted

This server can backup without problems the "normal" data:

  notes2: C:\            level=2,        39 MB 00:00:58    140 files
  notes2: D:\            level=2,       290 MB 00:00:46    152 files
  notes2: K:\            level=2,         0 KB 00:00:04      0 files
  notes2: L:\            level=2,       409 MB 00:00:40      9 files
  notes2: ASR:\          level=full,   1202 KB 00:00:19     12 files
  notes2: SYSTEM DB:\    level=full,   8609 KB 00:00:18     13 files
  notes2: SYSTEM FILES:\ level=skip,      0 KB 00:00:00      0 files
  notes2: SYSTEM STATE:\ level=full,     17 MB 00:00:30     18 files

I've checked multiple times the configurations of the two notes server and they are identical. We haven't made any changes in those servers in months.

The only "tip" we have is the following. Every time we start the backup of the NOTES: saveset, we can see some kind of process execution in the client (we can see a cmd windows starting and dissapearing very fast; impossible to see what's is inside). We have used ProcessExplorer to see if the nsrexecd process starts nsrnotesv as in the "good server" but nothing happens.

We suppose there is some problems with the transactional logs or something similar but we don't know how to debug this problem nor how to solve it.

Any idea would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040