Networker

Re: [Networker] Endless loop in 7.3.1

2007-03-20 11:28:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Endless loop in 7.3.1
From: Andrew Dietz <andrew.dietz AT OIT.GATECH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:11:12 -0400
Thank you for your replies.

That tape drive is still busy from last night's dumps, so I haven't had a chance to manually feed it the cleaning tape from slot 373. As soon as it's free, I'll try that. Before sending my message to the list, however, I was able to load another tape from the library via the nsrjb command.

Fazil, the drive works otherwise, so I'd be less inclined to think it's driver related... The cleaning tape never gets loaded nor does the robot try to feed it to the drive when these messages keep appearing.

I took a walk over to see the library for myself yesterday morning when I first noticed the problem (it is across campus from where I am), and found the drive flashing the "Tape Error" light, so I slid the tray out in order to power cycle the drive and clear the error. The error light went away, but the messages in Networker persisted. As mentioned, the drive is still able to pick up tapes and write to them, but the cleaning messages are persistent...

Andrew Dietz