Networker

Re: [Networker] "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" "Duplicate label" errors -HELP

2007-03-15 03:28:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" "Duplicate label" errors -HELP
From: Stefan Kapitza <k AT PITZA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:25:00 -0400
we had this once and we couldn't fix it.
This was Legato 7.1.1 / Windows 2003 /HP ESL 9000 / SDLT.

If i remember correctly, this could happen if the Label couldn't
be written to tape, as Legato removes the Tape from the media DB
before relabeling. When Verifing the Label, it's reading the old
Label, as the Label couldn't be written, resulting in a "dublicate
Label.

- have you checked the system event Log ?
- Depending on the Hardware there might exist Diagnosis Software.
  e.g. for HP there are Tape and Library Tools. With them you could
  Read out Errors from the Drives and identify bad Tapes.

regards

Stefan Kapitza