Networker

[Networker] Autochanger module license question?

2007-03-14 15:11:03
Subject: [Networker] Autochanger module license question?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:04:49 -0400
Hi,

Does an Autochanger Module license have to cover all the slots that a given tape library has or does it only
have to cover what you want to use?

For example, if I buy a stackable library system, and maybe I have a total of 200 slots between all the units, could I purchase a 128 slot license if I was willing to live with only being able to use slots 1-128 or will NetWorker see that the library really has 200 slots and then complain that the license is insufficient
to cover it?

We are looking at stackable libraries. Some of these would come with all the slots and others would require the purchase of a license key from the hardware vendor in order to activate all of them. Either way, I want to be covered under Legato, but these autochanger module licenses are expensive, and I suspect Legato will not let
you purchase an add-on module to increase the count.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210