Networker

Re: [Networker] "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" "Duplicate label" errors -HELP

2007-03-14 14:17:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" "Duplicate label" errors -HELP
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:11:58 -0800
> The tape is in the media DB, barcode matches, it is the VOLID that is
> different between what is on the tape and in the media DB, sorry for the
> wrong information

And this is true prior to the relabel?  I don't know any way to rewrite
a tape and keep the information on it, so I'm assuming that this is an
issue in the database.

That shouldn't cause a duplicate label though.

Before the relabel, there should be 1 tape in the database with that
volume name.  The relabel should grab that name from the tape, then
delete that volume from the database.  Then it will try to create a new
tape with that name.

Either the volume name on the tape is read wrong, the media database
isn't deleting that volume name properly, or the wrong name is sent as
the new tape.

Does that make sense?  Can you tell which of those might be happening?