Networker

Re: [Networker] How to migrate a networker client to another networker server

2007-03-10 07:59:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to migrate a networker client to another networker server
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:56:24 -0500
On Mar 10, 2007, at 3:31 AM, Dirk Vornheder wrote:

Hi !

  Can someone mail me a todo list for migrate a networker client

  from networker server a to networker server b ?

  All clients and servers running under Solaris and Networker 7.2 !

Is it correct to assume you are referring to moving the client's CFI over from server a to server b?

If so, just off the top of my head, you would need to create the client resource on server b exactly as it exists on server a, including any entries in /etc/hosts or the local DNS.

Then take the relevant tapes and put them in the tape library that server b uses. This assume the same tape media for both servers.

Create the tape pool on server b if necessary, then scan in the client file indexes using the scanner utility (see the man page).

Do a test back up.

I am sure someone else will chime in with some steps that I forgot!

If you are using different media, you might be able to clone the data from the one server to the other, but I am not sure about that.