Networker

Re: [Networker] Exchange restore

2007-03-09 11:45:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exchange restore
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:39:53 -0500
On Mar 9, 2007, at 11:21 AM — 3/9/07, Browning, David wrote:

Stan, I'm not an Exchange expert, but we do Exchange restores all the
time, and no, it's not normal to sit that long.  We use Exchange 2003
with Legato Exchange 4.x.

The only question I would ask is that the restore server - is it a
member in the same Exchange Site?  I remember us having some problems
when the restore server was in a different Exchange site (I think "site"
is the proper Exchange terminology).

Thanks David. I am glad I am finding out about this problem now during testing. On the basis of a suggestion that was sent to me privately, I rebuilt the index (nsrck -L6) for the client, but it didn't help. I then attempted to ascertain the tape volume that would be involved in this recover request and I found out that the tape volume information is unavailable, even after fixing the index. Since this Exchange server is used by the University's president's office, I just opened up an EMC tech support request on this issue.

I suspect there's some sort of indexing and/or client naming problem afoot here.