Networker

[Networker] Performance issues after upgrade to 7.2.2

2007-03-09 06:45:06
Subject: [Networker] Performance issues after upgrade to 7.2.2
From: Wilhelm Rolf <wilhelm.rolf AT INFO-AG DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 06:37:30 -0500
We have upgraded on wednesday our server and five Storagenodes (all on HPUX)
from 7.1.3 to 7.2.2jumbo and the additional patch for adv_files. In the time
before we had huge problems with not working adv_files going to status
"ready for writing, idle" and many periods of bad server performance.

Now after working some days with the new version we noticed a decrease in
performance of nearly all backups. For example, we have a large SAP instance
of 8 TB be saved via BCV, it takes before the upgrade about 16 hours, now it
is 23 hours(par. was 8). Also adv_files save processes do work much longer.

On the other hand NW seems to be much more stable and reliable now.

We have a Network Edition, the attached library is a STKL5500 (ACSLS). So
increasing  the savegrp parallelism is a bit limited. Since we plan a change
to TSM in autumn this year, we do not want to spend money in license updates.

Has anybody experienced similar results after the upgrade?

Best Regards,
Wilhelm Rolf
INFO AG
D-22303 Hamburg/Germany