Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a Linux box

2007-03-08 17:43:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a Linux box
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:39:46 -0500
On Mar 8, 2007, at 4:03 PM — 3/8/07, Matthew Huff wrote:

I would suspect a name resolution issue (like mis-matched domains and
not using FQDN, or misconfigured DNS, etc..). On both the server and
client, check DNS name resolution of each other including reverse
lookup.

That's what's also odd. I can use the same host names (client and server) and recover files fine on this troublesome Linux client. Reverse DNS on the server and client is fine. I am also doing a client-originated save right now from that client and it appears to be working fine.