Networker

Re: [Networker] NETWORKER Digest - 3 Mar 2007 to 4 Mar 2007 (#2007-52)

2007-03-05 10:56:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] NETWORKER Digest - 3 Mar 2007 to 4 Mar 2007 (#2007-52)
From: Gary sperano <g_sperano AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:51:56 -0500
Example 6-3 Applying a local file directive
This example shows how to use a local file directive to skip all *.tmp files in
a particular
directory for a particular NetWorker client. When a scheduled backup is
performed on the
NetWorker client, all files that match the *.tmp pattern in the specified
directory will be
skipped.
1. On Windows, skip all *.tmp files in the C:\mydir directory:
2. Use a text editor to create a file named nsr.dir and enter this directive in
the file:
skip: *.tmp
3. Place the nsr.dir file in the C:\mydir directory on the NetWorker client.
Note: To create directive files on a client running Microsoft Windows, an
authenticated user must have
the appropriate permissions to create files either within the root of a volume,
or in a folder within the
volume.
On UNIX, skip all *.tmp files in the /mydir directory:
1. Use a text editor to create a file named .nsr and enter this directive in
the file:
skip: *.tmp
2. Place the .nsr file in the /mydir directory on the NetWorker client.
Order of precedence of global and local directives
If there is a conflict between directives, global directives are enforced over
local directives.
And on Windows hosts, NetWorker User program local directives are enforced over
local
directive files (nsr.dir files).Gary A. Sperano Jr.