Networker

Re: [Networker] Incremental Exchange backups failing

2007-03-03 02:10:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Incremental Exchange backups failing
From: Scott Bingham <sfbing AT EARTHLINK DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 23:08:19 -0800
Hello Brian,

I had Googled this, too, when you first submitted the problem.  Contacting
EMC support is unlikely to be your best approach, because this is a problem
in Exchange Server.

The various Google entries seem to agree that this is caused when a system
was previously set to use Circular Logging, and that a subsequent Full
Backup should resolve it.  I assume that you have done a Full since first
seeing this problem.

Here is what has happened: The NetWorker Exchange Module has called the
Exchange API HrESEBackupGetLogAndPatchFiles() (one of the calls in the
"ESECLI2" Streaming API) to get a list of the log files that it should save.
The Exchange Server is returning the status that you see.  The results from
Google show that many backup vendors have seen this issue, including the
Microsoft native NTBackup.

The Event Viewer may have additional information, else you should probably
contact Microsoft.

Thanks,
_Scott

Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266361/pl