Networker

[Networker] Maximum number of devices.

2007-01-31 12:57:42
Subject: [Networker] Maximum number of devices.
From: Mark Davis <davism AT UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:43:32 -0500
I am having trouble getting a definitive answer from EMC on the maximum number of devices I can have on one Storage Node. We are running 7.2.1 Network Edition. From the 7.2 Administration Guide I see:

Network Edition -
Storage Node Devices: 16
Maximum = (16 x number of nodes) + 16

So with Network Edition I can have 16 devices on my Server, and sixteen more per Storage Node.

Power Edition -
Storage Node Devices: 16
Maximum = (16 x number of nodes) + 32

If I went to the Power Edition, the documentation shows I could then have 32 devices on the Server, and an additional 16 devices per Storage Node. EMC is telling me I can have 32 devices on the Storage Node if I go to Power Edition. The support person could not explain why their own documentation contradicts this.

Does anyone in the list have experience with the maximum number of devices you can have on a single storage node using Network Edition vs. Power Edition?

If I added an additional Storage Node license, would I be able to have more than 16 devices on a single Storage Node, or would I have to add another physical node to be able to add more devices?

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Davis