Networker

[Networker] Recovering multiple savesets simultaneously?

2007-01-16 15:35:56
Subject: [Networker] Recovering multiple savesets simultaneously?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:26:28 -0500
Can you recover multiple save sets at the same time for an RMAN Oracle recovery?

We're using Oracle 10g on Linux with NetWorker 7.2.2. We're running the NetWorker Oracle module. We're using 4 channels in our rman backup script. We have our device target sessions set to 4. This sends up to 4 save sets to the given tape, each save set containing at most 10 Oracle files as specified by rman script variable filesperset. The backups and recovers are working just fine, but when we recover the data, the save sets are recovered one at a time even though we're specifying up to 4 channels for the rman recovery. Is this the expected behavior? Does it make sense to use more than 1 channel for recovery? Of course, multiple channels works on backups but not sure if there's a way to recover multiple save sets at the same time that were wrapped together during a backup?

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210