Networker

[Networker] Java Updates?

2007-01-16 14:24:04
Subject: [Networker] Java Updates?
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:09:58 -0500
I would usually PING emc with this but wondering why I am the only one
in the world mentioning this on the list..

In our predominantly Windows environment we are getting bombarded with
Java Update Requests on ALL of our servers.

EMC/Networker says it needs Java/SE2 -- 1.4.2 (we are using 1.4.2_11)

Now we are getting a JE2 update offering us level 5.4_10

Hello, how could I (the king of "if there is an update, we should update
NOW...") be that far behind?

What is the deal with Java vulnerabilities with our console anyway?