Networker

[Networker] using 'relem' to get a list of inserted tapes

2007-01-15 10:12:31
Subject: [Networker] using 'relem' to get a list of inserted tapes
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:04:41 -0500
Hello,
I am trying to automate the tape withrawal process and have something in
place right now.
1. I am able to generate list of tapes used in last 24 hrs.
2. export them to the cap for operations staff to process.
3. All process is scheduled via Control M schedular.
Where it does not work is
when tapes are still getting written to at the end of the day, this tapes
are still on witdraw list however they are being written to and not
writdran, now next day the tape list does not include them, therefor a
problem.
I am trying to imporve my script ( Windows platform), does any one have
better way of doing this tape automation, let me know, expaples of
scripts, process would help, if any one like to look at what i am doing, i
will be glad to send them my scirpts.