Networker

Re: [Networker] Exchange Backup

2007-01-12 15:09:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exchange Backup
From: Scott Bingham <bingham_scott AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:00:17 -0500
Hello all,

Either solution should work, but neither is the best way.

Since all databases in one Storage Group share one set of log files,
best practice is to back up at the Storage Group level.  Thus you would
need only two client entries:

        MSEXCH:IS/1 Storage Group
        MSEXCH:IS/2 Storage Group

... and these can run in parallel, if you like.

Thanks,
_Scott