Networker

Re: [Networker] Licensing issue

2007-01-11 13:37:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licensing issue
From: Roy Kidder <RoyKidder AT yahoo DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:28:56 -0500
Hans de Vries wrote:
> I have seen this behaviour a number of times. You did not report the OS
your NetWorker is running on, but on several OS'es NetWorker uses the
ipaddress to generate the hostid, so maybe your ipaddress changed? If
the ip address is used for the hostid, the relation between the two
is

Thanks for the reply. The OS I'm running the server on is Linux (Redhat 9,
stock 2.4.20 kernel).

I thought about the IP, but I know my IP hasn't changed since I first
installed this box 3 or 4 years ago (it's static, of course). The hostname
and domain name haven't changed either (I thought of those things as
well).

The only thing that happened out of the ordinary was the reboot, which was
prompted by what appeared to be a memory leak somewhere. I couldn't
determine where because the system was so unresponsive. When it came back
up, everything was fine. Then when I got the email that auth codes were
invalid I discovered that logging info which corresponded to the time of
the reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roy