Networker

Re: [Networker] Media database gone after server migration/upgrade

2007-01-11 07:09:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media database gone after server migration/upgrade
From: Nico De Ranter <nico AT SONYCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:00:06 +0100
On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 10:39 -0500, Clark, Patricia wrote:
> Now you mention that your upgrade included an architecture change.
> When
> is Solaris not the same?  When you change architectures.  Sparc and
> x86
> platforms are not interchangeable.
>
> No, you cannot Upgrade when changing architectures. All of your
> will need to be manually recreated with scanner, et al.  This has been
> discussed at length in this list over the last year.

Ah, I didn't know that, haven't been on the list for that long yet.

Great! Does that mean I have to scan all my tapes or should it be enough
to recover the latest bootstrap (haven't got much experience yet with
Networker as you probably already noticed :-)

Nico

--
Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator